Terra Northeast Regional Science & Engineering Fair (TNRSEF) is a project competition for students in grades 6-12 organized by Terra Science and Education and hosted by SUNY Potsdam. We gather to celebrate science and engineering, make new friends, learn from judges, and compete for scholarships, trips and awards.
TNRSEF will advance one project's Finalist(s) to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF) which is the world's largest international pre-college competition. Approximately 1,700 high school students from more than 75 countries and regions gather to showcase their independent research and compete for approximately $4 milion in prizes.
At the TNRSEF, students experience one-on-one judging. Grades 6-8 Junior Research / Engineering Design students compete by grade. Senior Research / Engineering Design students compete within their categories. Topic Presenters grades 6-12 are interviewed by their judge team. All TNRSEF students are eligible for special awards, and may be interviewed by Special Awards Judges.
Clinton - Essex - Franklin - St. Lawrence
Who comes to the TNRSEF?
Are you in grades 6-12, public, charter, private, parochial or home schooled? Do you study in a TNRSEF county? Then welcome to your internationally-affiliated regional science fair — the TNRSEF!
You begin by entering the most local fair for which you qualify. Feel free to contact us with your questions.
Student online registration - Feb. 10
Paperwork faxed, emailed or snailmailed - Feb. 15 (You do NOT need completed data, just title/category/procedures!)
Registration fee - as part of online registration 2/10 or with checklist 2/15
How can I be in the science fair?
- EXPLORE the TNRSEF website, especially the Students page. WATCH our sister fair's video.
- THINK about what you really love to do.
- CHOOSE a topic and LEARN everything you can about it. USE sciencebuddies.org to
organize your wonderings. MAKE a poster to share all you have learned, or ...
- TALK with your parent or teacher about a mentor. Check with unions, professional associations, companies, colleges, retirees.
- USE the Eligibility Wizard and DOWNLOAD the required paperwork for your grade and division from the Students page.
- WRITE UP your procedure plan, COMPLETE the safety-related paperwork , and START your experiment! ANALYZE your results and REPORT on them. MAKE your display.
- REGISTER now with the TNRSEF directly. Check the deadlines. Contact the TNRSEF if an extension might be needed.
- We also expect you to present at your local science fair if one is available, and with the April 22nd Champlain Valley Regional Science Fair! Your one project opens the door to so many opportunities!
Again, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.