Field of Study:
Terra Science and Education will be selecting among fellowship applicants who has a bachelor’s or master’s degree in STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) fields. Those applicants should be willing to commit to K-12 Math and Science Education in urban U.S schools.
Number of Awards:
Up to 8 fellowships are awarded annually.
International students with a college degree in a STEM field.
The Fellowship provides for:
Payment of tuition and fees at the Le Moyne College
Living expenses and transportation expenses
Academic English language courses (up to one semester), if required
Book allowance of up to $400 per semester
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a STEM field.
- Official TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.5 or and advance level certificate at a U.S language school. Scores Due February 1, 2019
- Applicants must include transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate academic institutions. Grades earned for courses at other institutions will be included in the computation of GPA.
- Transcript evaluation conducted by ECE or WES evaluation companies.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, professors, or employers commenting on the student’s overall potential as a full-time STEM educator. Fill out the form below.
- Personal Statement
- Copy of passport including picture page and the visa pages (if any).
- Official TOEFL score of 80, or IELTS 6.5. The score must be sent by ETS. Advance level certificate from a U.S language school is acceptable. (An interview will be scheduled with eligible candidates)
- Signed Terra agreement to teach 2 years for each year of Terra funding in a high-need U.S. urban school district
- Signed forgivable loan agreement with 2 cosigners
The Scholarship Committee of Terra Science and Education will select individual fellowship recipients. Besides meeting all the application requirements of initial MST II Program at Le Moyne College, they will base their decision on the following criteria for selecting fellowship awardees:
GPA from undergraduate or graduate degree
Former international travel and living experience
Former teaching experience
Strong English skills (especially in command of English)
Statement of purpose
Candidates are also evaluated on their extra-curricular interests and achievements, potential to achieve their goals, and likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment. In addition, candidates for this fellowship must demonstrate qualities of fine character, consideration for others, perseverance and a desire to succeed.
Applications Due February 15, 2019
All items must be submitted online or mailed to Terra Science and Education, 835 West Genesee St, Syracuse, NY 13204.